Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vault (Homework)

Excitement in my mind is an understatement, ecstatic would be closer but no cigar.  To explain the way I feel would take more time than I had.  Dear brother was sitting there, looking bored.  It was time “Taran, give your uncle that present, right there” Taran picked up the present, or at least struggled to.  “Its heavy” his young voice wept as he hung the present low in his arms and threw it at my brother.  “Oof! Thanks a lot” He said, quoting the famous Christmas movie.  It was time, his look of shock and curiosity was making me even more excited.  He ripped the first side, then the second.  He looked at the unmarked box, unsure of what he was getting into, I knew all too well.  I started a minor hysterical laugh as I watched his face.  He pulled his knife out and severed the tape, success, he opened the right side.  “it’s a safe!!” I broke out in laughter as everyone in the room watched in surprise. “you like it? isn’t it awesome?” I asked.  “I didn’t expect you to actually get it” Our mom wasn’t too happy, this meant that her intrusions into his room would end up short.  “open it!” I said, he removed the safe from its box and took the keys out of the package.  He opened it and his eyes lit up, not only did he get the safe we talked about weeks ago.  It was pre-filled with the items he would use it for.  All of it stuff our mom would venture into his room for.  He was snickering, excited at the possibilities that await him and his new safe.  “this is awesome, thanks sister!” I knew he would like it, the extensive talk we had about how his stash would be pilfered pretty much everyday when he was away.  Now he can go to work with a clear mind that his munchies will be out of grubby hands.  As far as I’m concerned if there’s ever anything he has that I would like he would probably better appreciate that I’m asking him rather than taking it, so he’ll be more willing to share, with me at least.  This was a great idea for him, and me.

No comments: