Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Me and Myselves (Bleeding Rose)

The wind was cold, blowing through my night shirt and over my bare legs. The hard wood floor was chilled too.

"Where is she?" Muffled voices said.

"There, outside!" one voice said in a panic. Then it donned on me, why am I not in my bed? The door opened and the screen was thrown to the side and I got groped from every possible angle while being dragged into unfamiliar territory. Before I was consumed by the house and its residents I got a good clear look at the outside, something is very wrong.  A few feet past the wooden steps of the house is some sort of drop off like a cliff.  Beyond the cliff in the far distance I could see that we were in a domed structure of some sort.  The walls were made up of cages and rotating gears, making a mild grinding sound in the atmosphere.  A bright light was shining down making the outside look rusty orange and grey, but I didn't see the light source before getting grabbed.

I slid across a tile floor and many of the hands released me, the remaining hands pulled me up to the ceiling but stopping just in time, I was planted on the ground, standing.  I'm confused, and scared, and lost, if I kept this up I wouldn't be able to stop. I was feeling many things right now, most of them I've never felt before, or to this magnitude.

"Are you okay?" someone behind me said.  I got a good clear look at those who had grabbed me. It was me... or me's, myselves? They were spitting images of me, but different, some had different hair styles, some had glasses in different frames, some happy while others not so much.  Whats going on? Am I dreaming or has my mind shut down from the stress of everything.

"Leader are you alright?" I was asked again.

"Leader?" I looked for the one asking and she was happy to let herself be found.

"Who, are you?" I asked.

"I'm Extroverted" I tilted my head to the side like a confused dog, I was too late to keep myself from doing such a odd thing.

"I... don't understand" I said.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, of course you wouldn't" she held her arms out as if to present the other me's.

"We are the aspects of yourself you have yet to conquer. I guess you could say we're your personalities. I'm your extroverted personality, but you can call me E" E went around the room and introduced me to myself. Angst, Introvert, Saucy, many aspects of my personality.

"Everyone! Stoic is playing right now, c'mon" the girls vacated the kitchen and went to the living room.  One of MooK's selves was playing a videogame of some sort.

"What is this E?"

"Thats you she's playing"

"Uh,"

"Oh! sorry again, what Stoic is doing is playing you, your physical body. Take a closer look" I shuffled through the group of me's towards the TV and got a good look at Stoic.  She had her hair braided and she had an expression a statue would have trouble keeping up with.  I looked at the TV.  The morning light that occupied the hospital made waking up at six for training so worth it. But Stoic wasn't at training, she was with other people.  It was Anna and Tesla, we're eating breakfast.

"Why, Why is she in control?"

"Because, well... your away at the moment, here with us.

"Why am I here though, what purpose does this serve?" Extroverted looked around the room until she found who she was looking for.  Me in what looked like a college professors outfit.

"Well, Philosopher?"

"I dunno, maybe she's here in order to understand an aspect of who she is, an angle of her personality she's been unable to tap into" A part of myself?

"Well in that case we should show you around the house" Extroverted wrapped her arms around mine and she took me on a tour of this house.  I was introduced to a few more me's.  Pervert, Tsundere whatever that means, and Jolly stood out the most.  From what I could tell, the house is big, it would be more appropriate to call it a mansion  for its sheer size.  Most of the rooms were similar, however, they were occupied by me's of very different types so they were all pretty unique in what each room was filled with.

"Isn't this place just so great, everyone gets along so well its nice to be able to see you too, like I'm seeing a friend I haven't seen in years" E said.

"Whats downstairs?" all activity nearby came to a halt as they looked at me.  Shy came up to me, fidgeting with a scarf around her neck.

"Uh... we, we don't go down there. Thats where the bad ones are"

"She's right Leader, we worked together to get all the crazies out of here so we wouldn't go mad from having them around.  Once we got them in there we barricaded the door so they couldn't get out but" Extroverted looked concerned.

"They can play from inside there too, we're safe but you aren't, those you love out there are in danger still" E was concerned.  I don't know what to do now.  I want to look outside again see that dome we're in.  We're on the second floor and I think I saw a balcony nearby.  I opened the door and looked out onto the shell. it looked the same as before. My personalities were watching me from the safety of the house.

"What in the world is that thing?" Nobody wanted to answer, E stepped up but cautious.

"We're, not sure MooK. Philosopher won't say anything to us about it either" I wanted to see the sun, or rather the source of light above us, but no matter where I stood I couldn't see it.

"Wheres the sun, what or where is that light coming from?" I said, getting anxious.

"We don't know, there is nowhere in the house that allows us to see it directly" E said.

"Thats insane" I walked downstairs to the porch.  The drop off at the edge of it was serious.  A straight down drop into oblivion.  I was careful to turn around, I still couldn't see the sun, like it had rolled back behind the house.  E and some others charged out and flung me back in the house.

"You can't go out there Leader"

"Stop calling me that, my name is MooK"

"Stay away from the fall, we don't know what happens if you fall over the edge" E said.

"Has anyone, jumped?" I asked, not sure whether knowing was a good idea.

"Just one.  But thats all we can tell you"

"Everyone inside, Leader take a look at the TV" One of me said. I ran in and watched the TV.

"Looks like its time for you to go, MooK" Extroverted said. Stoic looked at me from the floor, the most I've seen her move since I got here.  She held the game paddle to me.

"What about you guys?" I said.

"We'll be fine, just watch out for yourself okay?" I looked down at Stoic, her unchanged expression and posture still offered me the game paddle. I took hold of it and sat down at the table a little further away. Philosopher looked at me.

"MooK, MooK!"

"Hey MooK" Anna said to me, circling her straw in her drink. Tesla as per the usual messaged people over her phone.

"You feeling okay? You've been quiet all morning" Anna said.

"I'm fine, really I"m just daydreaming I guess" It was the best thing I could think of at the moment.

"Must have been a hell of a dream, lets finish lunch and get you a new outfit, borrowing Tesla's clothes has got to be irritating" Tesla looked up from her phone.

"Are you saying that I have bad taste?"

"I'm just making a clear statement that your fashion does not extend past your own physical appearance" Anna and Tesla started back and forth but I couldn't get past a few things. How did I get here? I remember going to bed but how did I get all the way here? And what was that dream I had? It was so bizarre I can't even remember it.

No comments: