Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"we're having guests?" 2

Haven't said anything in a while.

How was your turkey day? my dad for the second time in a row brought guests.  Guests you say? try this on for size. My dad is a highschool principle and gets teachers from many places.  The guests he brought were his two Chinese language teachers who have only been in America since july.  He invited them over for thanksgiving and we showed them how to celebrate the holiday.  The food, the traditions, the conversations.  These were all brand new experiences for them from the mashed potatoes and gravy to the honeybutter spread for the rolls.

Talk about an interesting experience.

They were very polite and tried everything we offered to them, they even brought authentic potstickers for us to eat (I didn't like them that much, the sauce was too sour and the onion taste was too strong)

For the most part I just sat around in my grandpas old chair listening to my zune on random watching as our guests watched my uncle and probably wondered "is this guy nuts?" (yes... he is)

Thats about it for the excitement around here, life is still pretty dull.  School has been engaging though, been learning some interesting stuff in psychology. Freud, Pavlov, Id-Superego-Ego, addiction. All very interesting.

If your not on my facebook or my Youtube account I've been posting my best moments in Call of duty: Black ops, Why? because I can.  I've been having lots of fun with it.

I've had lots of Creative writing ideas, one in particular I really want to do, its just a random idea.  As the inspiration comes I'll get to it, but my supply of inspiration has been so dry I dare not even try.

1 comment:

Connie Babe said...

oh scottula...i do miss you. i'm glad your dad takes in the thanksgiving feast-less folks.