Monday, July 5, 2010

"What was that twitch just now?"

So, I was at Village Inn this morning, patience withering.  My breakfast was still being cooked in the back, I hear my Dad chuckle as he reads his newspaper.

"this is for you, totally" He says to me as he folds his paper in a fashion to allow me to see what it was he snickered at.  I peer at the page, and view the above image first.  My spine tingled as if someone had trickled Sprite down my back, this feeling of awkwardness and sadness.  The flint in my mind that sparks my imagination and inspiration was struck with a slight amount of force.  I pulled the paper in closer and he released his grip.  I was fixated on the image, ideas flooding my mind of things I could write about, a sense of sorrow and disgust just dying to be spread further.

But this wasn't the image I was supposed to look at, the image that was intended for me was comical (hence his chuckle) but had little impact on me.

What do you feel when you look at this?

1 comment:

Connie Babe said...

great irritation with bp for lowering anadarko's stock...which means that our bonus next year is getting down to nothing. i mean, come on. fix the leak already.

then, great irritation with politicians who are just being turds and using this as something to use against each other.

stupid bp. stupid politicians.

cool cloaked guy though. :)